Thursday, July 13, 2006

You're invited...

...to a party. If you're anywhere near San Antonio, Texas, that is. I'm doing a book signing for COVER STORY: THE ART OF JOHN PICACIO this Saturday night, July 15th. THE SAN ANTONIO CURRENT is celebrating their 20th anniversary as San Antonio's weekly alternative newspaper, and they're throwing a big bash at the Southwest Arts and Craft Center (300 Augusta). Party starts at 6pm. Budweiser and Bacardi will be sponsoring, and Barnes & Noble will be sponsoring my book signing. In addition, THE CURRENT will be auctioning prints of past covers that I've done for the paper. All proceeds for the auction benefit the Southwest School's adult art-education scholarship fund. The event is open to the public. Should be big fun!!

3 Comments:

Blogger John Klima said...

Wish I lived closer, man. :)

John Klima

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I'm out of the state this weekend. Are you planning any events for Austin?

I have the book already, and I can vouch for the fact that it's supercool.

4:46 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, John. I think it's gonna be fun. Wish you could be there.

Josh -- Thanks very much. it's looking like I'm doing a signing at Book People (6th and Lamar) in Austin on Thursday night August 10th, right before ArmadilloCon. If you're going to ArmadilloCon, then you can always catch me there instead. That looks to be the next time I'm in Austin, right now.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home