Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Bogus Blogspot

There's a bogus Blogspot using my name. It sells insurance. If you're using a feed or Googling me, you're likely to find this somewhere in your searches. No need to visit it as I'm sure it just encourages more bogusness. I'd like to contact Blogger and deal with this, and hopefully eliminate the bogus site. Their help groups are all but incomprehensible, and almost seem designed not to help with a specific issue like this. Frustrating. Question: Anyone know how to contact Blogger directly and ask them how I can blow the whistle on this, and not lose blog traffic to a bogus site? Also, I guess this is as good a time as any to do a quick roll call. I've got no idea how many people actually visit this blog. If you're reading this, feel free to leave a brief hello or wave in the comments, especially since apparently there may be people searching for me and finding a lame insurance-selling phantom zone. Thanks, folks. (And thanks to John at the mighty SF Signal for the reminder this morning.)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Waves] :)

9:02 AM  
Blogger John Klima said...

what up?!

I find sending e-mail to Blogger help (through their contact us function) actually does provide some sort of results.

Good luck with this. It can be tough to get a website taken down.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waving laconically (or is that comically)?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Deanna Hoak said...

*waves and hugs*

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I'd trust you enough to buy insurance from, I think your talents are much better suited for art.

Good luck with the doppleganger blog...that's just nutty...

6:05 PM  
Blogger The Ogden's said...

waving from Cedar Park :)

6:27 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

John D.; JK; Scott; Deanna and Christopher -- Very cool. Thanks for the shout.

Much love to you over there, Ogden Zoo!

So I guess my audience roughly totals 6-7 people, huh? Must be a lot of folks lost in that bogus insurance phantom zone. I'll have to settle that score very soon here...

10:41 PM  
Blogger Mikal Trimm said...

I'm late to the party, but hey anyway!

2:22 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hey, Mikal --

Wish you were gonna be in Saratoga for WFC. Hopefully we'll cross paths again soon. Hope you're doing well over there!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm even later! So behind on blogs these days. I'll see you in a month, though.

7:41 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Liz. See you at WFC. :)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home