Wednesday, January 02, 2008

My 2007 Published Works

As noted by Cheryl Morgan at Science Fiction Awards Watch, the awards nomination season is now open (Hugos and otherwise), so if you need a one-stop list of my 2007 work for consideration, here you go. I'll soon have Steve McDaniel post this list over on my website, but for now, please bookmark this if you need it.


(above)
Cover illustration for
TIME'S CHILD
by Rebecca Ore
HarperCollins/Eos
February 2007













(above)
Wraparound cover illustration for
FAST FORWARD 1
edited by Lou Anders
Pyr
February 2007


(above)
Cover illustration for
STAR TREK: CRUCIBLE --
THE STAR TO EVERY WANDERING
by David R. George III
Pocket Books
February 2007


(above)
Cover illustration for
ON HER MAJESTY'S OCCULT SERVICE
by Charles Stross
Science Fiction Book Club
March 2007


(above)
Cover illustration for
POSTSCRIPTS #10
Edited by Peter Crowther
PS Publishing
Spring 2007


(above)
Cover illustration for
X-MEN: THE RETURN
by Chris Roberson
Pocket Star
May 2007


(above)
Cover illustration for
THE MARGARETS
by Sheri S. Tepper
HarperCollins/Eos
May 2007













(above)
Wraparound cover illustration for
A THOUSAND DEATHS
by George Alec Effinger
Golden Gryphon Press
June 2007


(above)
Cover illustration for
BRITISH SUMMERTIME
by Paul Cornell
MonkeyBrain Books
July 2007


(above)
Cover illustration for
THE METATEMPORAL DETECTIVE
by Michael Moorcock
Pyr
October 2007













(above)
Wraparound cover illustration for
THE GIRL WHO LOVED ANIMALS
by Bruce McAllister
Golden Gryphon Press
October 2007


(above)
Cover illustration for
STARSHIP: MERCENARY
by Mike Resnick
Pyr
December 2007

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such pretty covers! Glad we could work together, and all best for 2008!

3:44 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, D. Me too. :)

Liked the way you did Eos' 2007 rundown using the covers....very cool! Smart, too, as I think that makes those kinds of lists more memorable.

4:36 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

By the way, for anyone who wants to see the 2007 Eos hardcover rundown that I just mentioned above, here's the link....

http://outofthiseos.typepad.com/blog/2008/01/eos-2007-hardco.html

And Eos also posted a rundown of their 2007 trade paperbacks as well. It's fun to see these things all lined up together. A nice visual survey....

And it's also very cool, and very smart, that they include all of the cover art credits. :)

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture for A THOUSAND DEATHS, is beautiful and haunting in a way. I like your work. I found your blog through Joe Mallozzi’s blog.
Shana

1:55 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks for stopping by, Shana. I appreciate it very much. :)

Glad you like A THOUSAND DEATHS.....that image seems to resonate with people in ways that even I didn't imagine. That's great....again, many thanks.

4:47 PM  
Blogger ces said...

I LOVE The Margarets!

I assume you know that it says the jacket art was done by Stephan Martiniere? OOOPS! I emailed him & he said that's not my cover, I think it was done by John Picacio.

So now that I've found your blog, I can tell you how much I like it - in fact, the only thing that drew me to it & resulted in me buying it was the cover! (Teppner is not an author that I regularly read.) I just can't keep from looking at the faces . . .

Will it be available as a print? I'd like to purchase it.

11:06 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, ces -- Glad you dig THE MARGARETS. And yes, thanks for the heads-up re: the credit mistake....I was aware of it, but I appreciate the consideration nonetheless. It's very gratifying to hear how much you liked the cover. My wife and I are about to have my website updated and we'll be selling affordable prints of various images, including THE MARGARETS. If you'd like us to email you with the details once we're ready, just leave a comment here. Otherwise, keep an eye on this blog in the next few months and we'll have details. Thanks again. :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger ces said...

Yes John, please email me with the info regarding purchasing a print of The Margarets cover! Thank you very much!

Hopefully when it's released as a paperback (and in any future reprints) they'll fix their credit mistake. I'd hate to be the person who made the error, that's for sure.

Christine
West Seattle, WA

12:34 PM  
Blogger Rie Sheridan Rose said...

I was so glad to talk to you at ArmadilloCon, and will keep an eye out for prints. I just love your work John, and agonized long and hard over whether or not to buy one of the Elric prints until I thought about the reaction I would get when I brought it home...(and confessed the expenditure.) My fantasy would be to have a Picacio cover someday. :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Rie Sheridan Rose said...

...not that the price was not justified...my husband doesn't believe in acquisition...

9:18 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Rie --

Very kind of you and completely understood. The sentiment is very appreciated. I'll let you know when the Elric prints officially go on sale and maybe they'll be a few dollars cheaper, if you buy directly from me....:)

Good to see you this weekend!!

Take care over there,
John

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home