Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2009 Asimov's Readers' Poll Winner!

Wow, this is a good week for awards news here. SFSignal has the list of the 2009 ASIMOV'S and ANALOG Readers Polls. Both magazines announced their winners at this weekend's Nebula Awards festivities. Very cool -- I tied for first place, along with Tomasz Maronski, for Best Cover Artist in the ASIMOV's Readers Poll! Hurray! Pictured here is my cover art for the Sept. '08 issue, which featured the Locus Award-nominated story "The Ice War" by Stephen Baxter. Thanks very much to the readers who were kind enough to acknowledge my work. Very much appreciated! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger ces said...

hey, I just saw that somewhere else!

Congrats! You deserve it!

And I like it too!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

Huge congratulations!
I hope you do more of these!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Congrats!

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Mair said...

congrats, John! That cover art is beautiful.

2:08 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, folks! Very much appreciate it. :)

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home