Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Winter Is Coming...

Hard to believe because it's May in South Texas, but I think Winter isn't just coming but in fact, has arrived. Behold the advance copies of the 2012 George R. R. Martin / A Song of Ice and Fire Calendar, featuring Ned Stark on the cover.

I flipped through the whole, beautiful, finished printed thing last night for the first time. Whew. Still processing it all, but needless to say, I'm extremely proud of it. I hope you folks out there dig it too. I'll have MUCH, MUCH more on this in the coming days and weeks, including (I hope) some sneak peeks.

The calendar will first go on sale at San Diego Comic Con this July where George and I will be signing them at the Bantam booth. I'll also have calendars available at my own booth too (#4600, I believe?). And then shortly thereafter, I expect the calendars will be available in bookstores everywhere. If you can't make it to SDCC, Amazon will have it in your hands as soon as it releases in July.

4 Comments:

Blogger Smirnster said...

Are you guys gonna be in New York?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Lucas Graciano said...

Hanging out with Mr. Martin now eh? Now you know you've made it! ;)

1:06 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Smirnster: Maybe George in NYC, I'm not sure. But barring something unforeseen, I don't have plans to make it to NYC this year, as of now.

Lucas: Am I gonna see you at SDCC at all? Would be great to visit. George is cool. If I ever get a chance to introduce you guys, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Hackett said...

Can't wait!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home