Friday, July 12, 2013

EL ARPA

Here's the final color version of my latest Loteria card, El Arpa. In English, 'El Arpa' means 'The Harp'. Some of you may have seen the greyscale pencil version of this artwork which I sneakpeeked a few weeks ago. I've been showing the color version on the road at ConQuest, CONvergence, and SFAL2. So today is the day everyone gets to see the finished color piece.

This art will be featured in my 2014 John Picacio Calendar which will Kickstarter in September. And then in 2014, it will be included in a full-scale Loteria card deck and game set debuting from Lone Boy.

Having a blast doing this new artwork and making these cards. Working on La Escalera, El Paraguas, La Luna, and La Corona right now -- all at various stages of development. So much fun.

If you missed my greyscale pencil artwork, here you go.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Parris said...

another excellent work, can't wait to see the whole deck. Thanks for waiting to Kickstart the 2014 calendar til after WorldCon, that way I'll be around and willing to be a supporter once again.

see ya in San Antonio, hope we can share a meal and a few hours during the con.

11:28 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Parris! We'll ALL need to recover after Worldcon. Absolutely. 'Appreciate the kind words! I'll check in with you soon and compare schedules. See you in a few weeks! :)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Rothgo said...

We have to wait till December for more details on Loteria?! Too late for Christmas then... but on the other hand, I do have a birthday in Jan: how handy to have something to say when my better half asks what I might be wanting!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Irma said...

This is awesome!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home