Thursday, July 13, 2006

Belated thanks RE: The Locus Poll

Frank Wu made a comment below and he reminded me about something I had forgotten to acknowledge. Thanks to all who voted in this year's LOCUS MAGAZINE Poll, and I'm very honored and grateful to be listed at #3 in this year's list for Best Artist. The great Michael Whelan won his 26th Locus Award for Best Artist in the Poll (congrats, Michael!), and Bob Eggleton finished in second. Dave McKean and Charles Vess rounded out the top five. I was thrilled to hear this news when it happened, and it certainly was meaningful to me, but I was working on so many cover deadlines at the time, that I just clean forgot to acknowledge it. I'm not looking for props or for congrats on this. I'm just glad to keep working on my stuff and keep drawing and painting and keep improving, because that's what it's all about. However, I didn't want it to pass by, without saying a heartfelt thanks.

So thanks to Master Wu for reminding me to acknowledge it. Congrats to him for finishing in the #12 slot on the list! Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home