Friday, January 11, 2008

ELRIC Final Cover & February Release Party

In case you haven't seen it, here's Ballantine/Del Rey's final cover design for Michael Moorcock's ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS, the first of six new trade paperbacks collecting classic ELRIC novels with new introductions, illustrations, and notes. THE STEALER OF SOULS cover illo is by me, and beginning next week, I'll start previewing some of my interior illustrations for the book.

Amazon
shows February 19th as their availability date for the book, so unless I hear otherwise, I'm assuming that's the general release date. Good news -- Saturday, February 23, from 4-7pm, Austin Books will host the first release party/book signing for ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS. Mike Moorcock and I will both be there. Mike will do a reading and I'll bring along some of my original interior art for show-and-tell. Should be a great time.

Austin Books is one of the finest comic-book emporiums in America. I visit at least one comic-book store in every city I visit and very, very few stores ever approach the sheer diversity of well-displayed new schtuff that Austin Books has every week. Brad Bankston runs the place, and his store's been a two-time finalist for the Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Award (the Eisner for Retailers). I'll remind about the date as it approaches, but if you plan to be in the Austin area that weekend, mark your calendars now. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess Nevins said...

John--

your ISP is rejecting my e-mail as spam--in answer to your e-mail of today--yes, please--I'd be flattered!

2:04 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Weird, Jess. I'll look into it.

2:51 PM  
Blogger John D. said...

suh-freakin'-weet!

11:51 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, JD. :) I'll have more on Monday!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home