Monday, February 18, 2008

Elric's Back!

Spotted on the shelves, shiny and new, at 3pm, Borders Books, Alamo Quarry, San Antonio, TX. According to Amazon.com, Michael Moorcock's ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS wasn't supposed to release until tomorrow. However this weekend, Moorcock's Miscellany said the book was selling at Forbidden Planet, London (thanks, Guy) and Barnes & Noble in Virginia (thanks, Blackwood Buzz). Today, Pyr's Lou Anders saw the book at Books-A-Million in Birmingham and my pal Brian Farrens spotted it up in far northside SA (again, Borders). So the wait is now officially over. Elric's back and he's everywhere, at least across North America.

I'm thrilled to be a small part of this, and this weekend Mike and I will be celebrating with a book signing/launch party for the new Elric book. Details as follows:

Where:
Austin Books
5002 N. Lamar
Austin, TX
email: info@austinbooks.com
(512) 454-4197

When:
Sat. Feb. 23
4-7pm

I've said it before, but Austin Books is one of the finest comic-book emporiums in the country. It's worth a trip just for its sheer comic-book goodness. For those who can't make it (I'm looking at you, Moorcock fans in the UK), Austin Books has set up a convenient "buy it" button where you can reserve a signed copy of ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS that Mike and I can sign and/or personalise for you this weekend. Scroll down to just below the Elric cover. Hope to see everyone on Saturday! :)

9 Comments:

Blogger lemec said...

Congratulations,John!

I received a copy today!

I love the book!

I am very impressed and I only just now removed it from the box.

I don't want to give spoilers,but it is spectacular!

There is one illustration in particular that absolutely glorious!

Time to look at the whole thing and to begin reading!

My goodness,there are some nice surprises in there!

I'm so happy it is out in the stores as well!

It's fantastic to have Elric among us once more!

I am awestruck and very pleased!

Best Wishes,

Joe

4:42 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Joe. You're too kind! :) I know you were looking forward to this book for a while, so it's good to see you digging it. Very pleased!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Cindy C said...

Hi John,
As usual, dynamite work from an amazing artist! Wish I could make it to the book signing.

Take Care,
Cindy Cruz

6:43 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Cindy --

That's really nice of you. I wonder if the SA Library System is gonna order any of these? Do have any idea?

How are things at the San Pedro Branch? Hope they're treating you well over there....

Very best,
John

12:08 AM  
Blogger Maaschanheem Multiverse Adventure Dreamer said...

Hello John!

It certainly is an exciting time!

I placed my Austin Books Elric order last night.

I am really looking forward to seeing some pictures from the signing! :)

Thanks very much in advance for your autograph.

My friends are really going to enjoy their copies of Elric: The Stealer of Souls!

I have a buzz from getting the book and I will always be highly pleased each time I open it to see your fantastic artwork!

Good Luck on all your projects!

Wishing You The Very Best,

Joe (Lemec)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Cindy C said...

Hi John,
I contacted collection development today and they've ordered 10 copies of the book for the library system. So a record is created and it's in the catalog.

Everythings good at San Pedro. Just adjusting to moving from a 700,000 sq. ft building to 4,000. Big difference!

~Cindy C.

3:20 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Cindy --

That's awesome. Glad to see the library system here will be carrying the book. Thanks for any part you had in making it happen. :)

I appreciate it.....

Stay in touch,
John

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John,
Congratulations. The latest cover is fantastic! Can't wait to see your next creations.

Regards,

Rocky Kelley

1:15 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hey, Rocky --

Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it. Hope you're doing well over there!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home