Pablo Picasso's Words of Wisdom
The other great find -- Inspiring stuff for anyone toiling in the art trenches...Paintalicious has a post featuring seven quotes from the Man himself, Pablo Picasso. (Above photo -- a classic by Gjon Mili.)
1. "He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law."
2. "I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
3. "Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working."
4. "Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."
5. "Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not."
6. "If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes."
7. "Youth has no age."
Paintalicious also include a couple other Picasso quotes, and this last one is too good: "Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun."
I'm not sure which one I love more: the previous one, or #5. I feel like painting those in big letters on my ceiling.