Monday, May 04, 2009

AGE OF MISRULE: BOOK 3 / ALWAYS FOREVER

Here's my final cover illustration for the forthcoming Pyr edition of Mark Chadbourn's AGE OF MISRULE: BOOK 3 / ALWAYS FOREVER. The first book of the trilogy, WORLD'S END, is now available. (And I like the cool banner ad Pyr did for all three books over at Locus Online. Nice job, Amy!) Like my previous two MISRULE covers, I'm glad I was able to improve the cover art from its initial catalog version. And below, you can see how the finished cover will look when it hits US shelves later this summer.

It's been super-busy here in recent days and I'm glad that Pyr's Lou Anders and author Mark Chadbourn have been way ahead of me sharing this finished art with the rest of the universe. Thanks to all who have said nice things about the covers over at Tor.com and elsewhere. Very much appreciated! :) I'm glad the covers are helping these amazing books connect with epic fantasy readers everywhere.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks amazing!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Congratulations, John, fantastic job. This series will look great on the shelf lined up next to each other...

Quick question, if you don't mind, do you have anything else in the works in the epic fantasy genre? One of my favourite covers of yours is the one for Michael Moorcock's 'Wizardry and Wild Romance' and it would be great to see something else in that vein.

Also really looking forward to your cover for 'The Terror', after the incredible work on 'Drood' and 'Muse of Fire'.

kind regards

Jamie

5:33 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Eric! Really appreciate it!

Hi, Jamie -- Very kind of you. The final art for THE TERROR is coming soon. As far as epic fantasy goes, I'm working on the sixth ELRIC book right now. And Pyr has signed me on to do the covers for the next AGE OF MISRULE trilogy that follows the initial three MISRULE releases this summer. :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That's great news, John. Really look forward to seeing those.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Mair said...

...johnny is a very busy little boy! Keep it up!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home