Tuesday, June 07, 2011

DANGEROUS VISIONS / For Sale

Was cleaning up the studio and sorting through some Elric artworks for future sale, and found this.

My artwork for Harlan Ellison's 35th Anniversary of DANGEROUS VISIONS first appeared way back in 2002. Seems like a lifetime ago. Back then, I was still experimenting with photography and collage combinations for my final illustration results. These days, I don't use photography in my finals but instead rely on drawings and paintings for all of my work.

The piece was selected for inclusion in SPECTRUM: THE BEST IN CONTEMPORARY FANTASTIC ART #10, and in fact was included in the first Spectrum Exhibition. The framed print you're looking at it here was a one-of-a-kind that was exhibited in that show.

It's an archival print, professionally framed with UV-resistant museum glass. Signed and dated on the back, with the SPECTRUM Exhibition tag still attached.

I don't really have a use for this piece as it doesn't even feel like what I do anymore. Willing to part with it for a mere $325 to the first taker, shipping included if you live in the continental United States. Either email me or comment here. Have at it. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Sold to me, if you haven't already.
- Dave McCarty

10:14 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

It's yours, sir. I will package it up with tender loving care. If you don't mind, email me at

john (at) johnpicacio (dot) com

and we'll work out the details.

10:19 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Alright -- so there you have it, folks. Sale over. Dave wins.

In the near future, I'll be putting some of my original Elric interiors up for general sale. Keep your eyes peeled. :) Thanks!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home