Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Home again

I returned home late last night from San Diego Comic-Con. Tremendous show. My main agenda up there was to promote my art book, COVER STORY: THE ART OF JOHN PICACIO, and that went extremely well. Between my table, MonkeyBrain's table (that they shared with BenBella), Bud Plant's booth, and Mysterious Galaxy's booth, the book sold nicely over there. Thanks to all! I spent the vast majority of my time at the show in Artists' Alley. It was my first time in that area and I enjoyed the heck out of it. I was located between Dave Seeley and Jon Foster and they're both terrific guys and tremendous illustrators. Thanks to Clydene Nee, Jean Goddin, Mike Willmoth, Jackie Estrada and all the Artists' Alley folks for making it all run smoothly.

When I wasn't in Artists' Alley, I was running around the con, meeting with clients and having a blast. It was crazy over there though. Last year's attendance was officially 104,000, and by the end of Saturday this year, rumor had it that the attendance had cracked the 130,000 mark, and that was with a full Sunday still to go!! I spent a lot of time with good buddy Chris Roberson, and whenever we stopped to compare notes, we always wished we had body armor to survive the onslaught of the massive crowds. I've never seen anything like it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess Nevins said...

Welcome back, John!

I was in Bedrock City in Houston this past weekend, and the clerk, on seeing me flipping through a copy of Heroes and Monsters on the shelves, looked at it and said, "Hey--that's John Picacio art!"

The clerk hadn't heard of me or the book, but apparently is a big fan of yours.

10:40 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Jess! Bedrock City is a pretty dynamite store. I'll have to stop by the next time I'm over there in Houston.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home