Thursday, September 21, 2006

Elf Fantasy Fair 2007


I've officially accepted an invitation to be a guest speaker at Elf Fantasy Fair 2007. The incredible thing about this event is it happens at Castle De Haar in the Netherlands! Utrecht, to be exact, April 20-22. They're expecting approx. 22,000 attendees next year, so it's a massive event. My fiancee Traci is all excited and it'll be her first trip to Europe. I don't know how much of the continent we'll get to see this time around, but hopefully we'll do a stop in London for a day or two.

The folks at Elf Fantasy Magazine published a cover feature on me earlier this year, and their magazine is a first-class, gorgeously-produced affair. Their operation is based in the Netherlands, naturally, and they're the same folks that organize this massive festival which is a cross-genre, cross-media fantasy/goth fair. That's the best way I can summarize what this is, as I'm still learning about it myself. I'm really looking forward to it. Feast your eyes on photos like these and you'll see why.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Hey, welcome to the other side of the pond! I have no idea what my travel schedule will be next year, but I'll try to arrange to the in Europe in April.

4:27 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Cheryl --

It would be great to see you over there. I've been to renaissance festivals before, and that's the closest thing I can equate to this event. However, the grandeur and scope of this seems to be way beyond that, and not necessarily period-specific either. They're still in the early stages of planning for this show, so as I find out more, I'll pass it along....:)

7:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cool! Free trip to Europe, woo hoo!

1:27 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Yeah! Although it's only free for me...we're paying for Traci's airfare so she can join me. But what's not to love? We're stoked about the opportunity. I even had a passing temptation to graft our honeymoon onto this trip since we're getting married in March, but I decided against it, and just let this Netherlands trip be more of an organic adventure. So we're still honeymooning in Toronto, as planned previously.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Stan "the man" Zalesny said...

First time on your post. Got here through link to James Clemens"Shadowfall" etc. Please let me know how the Fair is going when you are there. Thought I might hop the pond next year and see myself. Sounds better than the Renaisance Fair. How can I link to your work? Publlicatiosn? Web-Site?
The trip sounds great.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home