Thursday, September 07, 2006

STAR TREK TURNS 40


I went to my neighborhood comic book shop the other day, and John Minton handed me a brand-new paperback copy of CRUCIBLE: McCOY/PROVENANCE OF SHADOWS by David R. George III. I didn't even know the book was out yet. Pocket Books is celebrating the 40th Anniversary of STAR TREK in grand style and George has written an epic McCoy/Spock/Kirk trilogy. PROVENANCE OF SHADOWS is the first release and I did the triptych art for the covers. Collect 'em all. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know, I was going to send you one but then figured you had been sent one already. Apparently not. :P Let me know if you want more.

11:18 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, D. :)

Yeah, Pocket's been a complete pleasure to work with, so I've no doubt that I'll be getting copies at some point.

I LOVE the way Pocket's art director/designer John Vairo did the typography on these covers. Very savvy and modern.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John - Have you seen Harlan ranting about this particular title and how it infringes on his ownership of City on the Edge of Forever? Harsh words are being spoken.

3:26 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hey, Scott --

How are you? To be honest, I didn't know about it until you mentioned it just now. I'm not privy to the details of these things when I'm offered a cover assignment. Whatever arrangement (or not) between Harlan and Pocket is completely their deal, so I'm out of the loop on that stuff. Sorry to hear that this has occurred though, and I hope it's worked out in short order. Marco and company are good folks over there at Pocket and I've enjoyed working with them thus far.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home