Thursday, August 03, 2006

I blame Blaschke

Thanks to Jayme Lynn Blaschke, I've been tagged with this book meme....

1. One book that changed your life?
SCULPTING IN TIME by Andrey Tarkovsky

2. One book you have read more than once?
EINSTEIN'S DREAMS by Alan Lightman

3. One book you would want on a desert island?
I'll cheat and say Stephen King's THE DARK TOWER 1 thru 7. I've never finished it, and always wanted to...

4. One book that made you laugh?
GOOD OMENS by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

5. One book that made you cry?
I can't recall any....I once heard Mike Moorcock say that silverfish ate one of his vintage hardcovers autographed by H.G. Wells, and THAT made me want to cry...

6. One book you wish had been written?
Any undiscovered writings by Jorge Luis Borges....especially anything even remotely in the spirit of DREAMTIGERS...

7. One book you wish had never been written...
Anything by Ann C.

I won't even give her the benefit of typing her last name, but it rhymes with "dolter." Actually, I don't mind that her books exist, but if she continues to write outrageous works of fiction, then why do bookstores keep misshelving her books in nonfiction? Just one of those mysteries, I guess...

8. One book you are currently reading?
Re-skimming Rudy Rucker's THE HOLLOW EARTH before I do the final cover for MonkeyBrain's upcoming release....waiting for the new Shari Tepper manuscript to be overnighted so I can start reading and researching before beginning that cover illustration....

9. One book you have been meaning to read? See #3.

10. Five people to pass this on to....no, no, no....let the madness cease.

Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home