Sunday, September 23, 2007

STAR TREK: DS9 / TEROK NOR

Here's a triptych I recently completed for Simon & Schuster/Pocket Books. I submitted it to the publisher earlier this month, and thanks to some enterprising Trekkies, it's already generating cyber-buzz. So I'll share it here. Forthcoming in 2008, Pocket will release an eagerly-anticipated Terok Nor trilogy chronicling the Cardassian occupation of Bajor and the pre-DS9 origins of the legendary station. My triptych art will be divided across the covers of the three paperbacks. The three novels are:

STAR TREK TEROK NOR: DAY OF THE VIPERS by James Swallow
STAR TREK TEROK NOR: NIGHT OF THE WOLVES by S.D. Perry and Britta Dennison
STAR TREK TEROK NOR: DAWN OF THE EAGLES by S.D. Perry and Britta Dennison

Thanks to James Swallow as well as the folks at TrekWeb for all of the kind words.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lou Anders said...

That is just gorgeous. You've really nailed their characters, and I love the shot of Bejor in the background. DS9 was always my favorite Trek, and it's also the show I worked on the most, so I knew more of the writers/producers of that show and it's cast than any other. So it's really great to see this. Now you've done TOS and DS9. I guess you need to do a TNG.

2:10 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Very glad you dig it. Thanks for helping me with DS9 background early on, back when I started brainstorming. A lot of folks agree with you -- that DS9 is their favorite of all the Trek incarnations. Myself, I'll always love the original series best.

3:46 PM  
Blogger EBKB said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:05 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Britta!

Sorry for the belated reply! Hey, congrats on being part of a great series.....it's an honor to be a part of your book! Good luck with it. I really appreciate the kind words.

Very best,
John

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home