Monday, February 18, 2008

Hungry for Elric

World Fantasy Award-winning author Jeff Vandermeer is one of the featured columnists for Amazon.com's blog Omnivoracious. His latest post there spotlights ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS and quizzes me about my illustration work for the book. Check it out.

Also, check out RevolutionSF where the folks there are giving away free autographed copies of the new Elric book, and they also sport a nice gallery featuring some of my Elric interiors (scroll down this link). I dig all of it, but for some reason, seeing that big close-up banner of Elric on their front page really pumps me up. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I've just stopped by on my way back from Joe Mallozzi's blog and I'd like to say a big thank you for your contribution to teh BOTM discussion. To my shame I haven't yet got a hold of a copy but since todays-sorry yesterdays(out of synch here in deepest Cornwall UK)blog post and the recent FF1 discussions I am keen to add it to my already burgeoning book collection.
I would also like to say how fantastic your artwork is, I especially love the Elric illustrations which take me back a very long time to when I first met Elric in my early teens. I've ALWAYS loved fantasy/sci-fi artwork and had all the typical posters as a kid, Matthews, Frazetta, Freas, Vallejo and prided myself (way back when) on finding new artists my friends hadn't heard of- always was a bit of a show off lol.
Anyway, I digress,I feel its rude to stop by someone's blog and mooch through their things without saying hi.

12:59 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Moyz --

Very kind of you to stop by. Drop by any time. I appreciate the kind words very much.....I'll try to drop by Joe's blog as often as I can to see what's going on....

Very best,
John

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home