Tuesday, March 25, 2008

2008 Hugo Finalists!

I was halfway across the country when the announcement went official this past Friday. So I finally get to say it here:

I'm thrilled to be a 2008 Hugo Award Finalist in the Best Professional Artist category and honored to be in the company of Bob Eggleton, Phil Foglio, John Harris, Stephan Martiniere, and Shaun Tan. Here's the complete list of 2008 Hugo Awards Finalists! Congrats to all nominees in all categories, and it's a pleasure to be amongst you. Needless to say -- I was already planning to attend Worldcon in Denver, but this makes the trip even more special. Hugo pro art nominees are now asked to provide three examples of eligible work from the past year, for voters' consideration. According to the site, online and printed ballots will be available shortly. My art selections are posted on the ballot, but you can also scroll down a full, easy rundown of my 2007 work on this blog, at the right, under "My 2007 Cover Illustrations". Thanks again for the kind consideration, and it's an honor to be a Hugo nominee!

5 Comments:

Blogger ces said...

I was thrilled to meet John at Norwescon on Saturday, March 22! Luckily I had printed the list of Hugo nominees and was able to give it to him. I said it to him Saturday, and I say it again, "Congratulations!"

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nomination doesn't surprise me one bit, but it definitely deserves a congratulations!

Good luck--you're in some great company!

7:47 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Christine -- I really appreciate you making the effort to come out to Norwescon and I'm really glad you and your husband had a good time. Guess what? I kept the printout pages you gave to me and they're right here on my desk, with all sorts of notes and scrawls on them. I'm glad you brought those....I think it made the news "real" to see it on those printed pages. Thanks! :)

Hi, Christopher -- Much appreciated, man. Yeah, it's amazing company to be amongst. I'm still ecstatic....

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for chatting and again, congratulations, John! We gotta support our home-town artists.

Gilder McCarroll
Pubilcist, Chimaeracon
San Antonio, TX, USa

7:23 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Gilder --

Thanks very much! Much appreciated! :)

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home