Friday, March 07, 2008

Coming soon to Seattle

Hey, Seattle -- I'll be there soon. Here's where you can find me:

Wednesday, March 19th / 7pm
PRE-NORWESCON AUTHOR PARTY
University Book Store
4326 University Way NE / Seattle / WA / 98105 / 206-634-3400 (Event made possible by the mighty Duane Wilkins of University Book Store....see you soon, Duane!)

Featured guests include Mario Acevedo / Warren Hammond / Richelle Mead / Naomi Novik / John Picacio / Cherie Priest / Patrick Rothfuss / Bruce Taylor

I'll be signing copies of ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS as well as my hardcover artbook COVER STORY: THE ART OF JOHN PICACIO.

Following that, I'll be at NORWESCON 31 (March 20-23). My schedule:

THE INVERTED FANTASY HERO / Thursday 9pm / Cascade 4
Panel discussion about turning "bad" character types and monsters into sympathetic protagonists and why we still love anti-heroes.
Mario Acevedo (M), Michael Ehart, Christopher Konker, Mimi Noyes, John Picacio

FROM PAGE TO SHELF / Friday 1pm / Cascade 9
Panel discussion of the publication process and timeline in major SF/F publishing.
John Picacio (M), Steve Winter, Dan Simmons

AUTOGRAPH SESSION / Saturday Noon / Evergreen 1 & 2

JOHN PICACIO SLIDE SHOW / Saturday 2pm / Evergreen 4

Seattle's a long way from here, so unfortunately, I don't make it there often. If you're in the area, don't be a stranger. :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I was not going to go to Norwescon this year. Now I may have to finagle childcare for a daypass....

6:12 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

It would be good to see you out there! :) Let me know which day you happen to finagle...

7:12 PM  
Blogger ces said...

OOh, I'll be out of town march 19. However, I'll be home (West Seattle)on the weekend.

Hmmm . . .

10:44 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, ces --

Swing by if you can on Saturday! As you can see from the schedule, I've got a couple of program items on Saturday, including the slideshow at 2pm. According to the con's site, weekend passes are $60; Saturday memberships are $40. Not too bad. And if that's too much money, let me know sometime this week, and maybe I can meet you at the hotel bar and we can touch base for a few minutes on Saturday or Sunday. (FYI: Next week, I'll be away from email for much of the time.)

11:27 AM  
Blogger ces said...

Hi John,

I sent you some email. Hope your week went well!

Christine

12:23 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Christine --

I was just shot off an email to you. That sounds great! I'll see you Wednesday. :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Hey John,
great meeting you. the panel was great fun. Looking forward to seeing you at the Nebulas next month.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to meet you and your wife, you crazy man. I say "crazy man" because I might, hypothetically have some incriminating pictures of you.

Heh.
Heh.
Heh...

10:58 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Michael! Great to meet you as well. Good times next month in Austin...very much looking forward to it.

Hi, Cherie -- Hypothetical ncriminating photos, huh? Well, I'll make you a trade....you post those, and I'll post plenty of your favorite candid shots that you love oh-so-much. ;) Seriously though, it was a blast to finally meet you. Holler anytime...

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home