Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Boskone 47 in 2010!!

Exciting news -- I'll be the Artist Guest of Honor for Boskone 47 in Boston, MA, February 12-14, 2010. Boskone is the oldest science fiction in New England, and always reputed to be one of the best regional cons any year. I'm thrilled and honored to be invited. Alastair Reynolds will be the Author GoH. Jim Mann is the chairman for the show and I'm looking forward to working with him and the NESFAns. Before then, Boskone 46 will be this February. Irene Gallo and Stephan Martiniere will be amongst this year's GoHs. I wonder if there's any chance I could make it up there for the '09 show? Hmmmm...might have to look into this....

4 Comments:

Blogger ces said...

Congrats John!

I'd love to go, especially since it's on my birthday,but that's not in the cards.

But 2010? Hmmm.

12:14 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Christine. :)

Yeah, with the recession and all, over here we'll need to watch our travel budget next year. So taking an impromptu trip to Boston for Boskone '09 in two months....yeah, that's dicey. I'm looking into it though, just to see what the costs are.....

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

With you as GOH, I can virtually guarantee I'll be there.

12:08 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Awesome, man. Wouldn't be the same without you!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home