Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good news / SPECTRUM #16!

While I was on the road at Coastcon, the list of artists selected for SPECTRUM: THE BEST IN CONTEMPORARY FANTASTIC ART #16 was announced. Yours truly is amongst them. :) As always, I'm thrilled to be in the book because my understanding is that it gets harder and harder to make the cut each year. So I never take it for granted. In a few weeks, SPECTRUM will mail out the notices that state which artworks actually made the book, so I'll share here when I find out. The book itself should release sometime this November.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Christine! I love the diversity of the artist list that made the book.....that's one of the great things about the recent SPECTRUM volumes.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Congrats!

1:49 AM  
Blogger ces said...

And the volumes are getting even bigger!

9:21 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Charles! :) Still haven't forgotten about our interview, I promise...

Hi, Christine -- Yeah, it's good to see so much quality emerging right now in genre art....

9:32 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Congratulations, John! I can't wait to see which of your pieces made it. It's an honor your work deserves.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home