Monday, March 16, 2009

CoastCon 32: Coming very soon!

CoastCon 32 in Biloxi, MS is right around the corner. Looking forward to quality time with Mike and Linda Moorcock, Chris Roberson, Diana Rowland and Toni Weisskopf. I'm the Artist Guest of Honor so I should be pretty visible and available. Come say hello anytime. I'll have work for sale in the Art Show, and I'm doing three fun visual presentations:

The Art of John Picacio -- I'll present a look back at some of my favorite recent work and offer a look at the very newest stuff I'm working on. Questions welcomed and encouraged.

The Art of Elric -- Mike Moorcock and I will present an hour-long visual survey of the history of Elric art with commentary and occasional anecdotes from both of us. It'll be a digital slideshow and will include work from Michael Whelan, Brom, Robert Gould, Jim Cawthorn, P. Craig Russell, Walt Simonson, and many more. This is gonna be fun.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly -- Mike, Chris Roberson, and I will present an hour-long discussion of some of the best (and worst) covers in sf/fantasy, with audience applause and razzing encouraged.

Should be good times!! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger ces said...

Now that sounds like fun!
Enjoy!

10:11 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Christine!! :)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home