Wednesday, August 12, 2009

13 Days On The Road (Part 3)

Otherwise known as "Hooray! I won a Chesley Award!" This one's been well-documented on Twitter since the results were announced at the Chesley Awards Ceremony Friday, August 7th at Worldcon, but since I'm just getting to post it here, here's a photo and here's a detail of my trophy plugged in and aglow. That's right -- I said "plugged in". Not many trophies are a self-contained light show, but this one is -- and wow, it's a beauty. I won for Best Paperback Cover Illustration for my cover art for FAST FORWARD 2 (pictured here), edited by Lou Anders (Pyr). Lou won his very first Chesley Award (Best Art Director), which is an amazing thing considering that Lou's official title is Editorial Director of Pyr. However, everyone in the art community knows that he's Pyr's Art Director because he's carried that role from Day 1, even if it wasn't officially in his job description. Very honored to be amongst the full list of Chesley Awards winners. Pure joy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mair said...

Awesome, John! I tried to tweet back that night but Firefox apparently doesn't get along with twitter. The "trophy" is really stunning! Congrats on the win.

8:21 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Mair! :)

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful award! Congrats! Not sure how I missed it before... :/

das (dasNdanger)

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home