Thursday, July 09, 2009

Locus Awards Results + Odds & Ends

Can't believe it's already been a week since I last posted here! Some odds and ends that I haven't had time to post, until now:

1. The full Locus Awards results have been published in the print edition of this month's LOCUS MAGAZINE. I'm pleased to see that I finished #3 in the poll. Many thanks to all who considered me on their ballots. As most folks know, Michael Whelan finished #1, and Bob Eggleton finished #2. It's a heckuva list and I'm honored to be included.

2. Enjoyed this short Lev Grossman TIME MAGAZINE/Nerd World Q&A with the great Michael Moorcock. In it, Lev pimps Tachyon's terrific new book THE BEST OF MICHAEL MOORCOCK.

3. Jeff Vandermeer recently posted about Mark Chadbourn and the AGE OF MISRULE trilogy over at Omnivoracious. Solid piece -- check it out. :)

4. Been working on several illustration fronts here -- mostly drawings for the 6th Del Rey ELRIC book! Will hopefully be sharing some of it here when the publisher gives the greenlight. :)

5. If you happen to be on Twitter, or are considering it, I seem to be dropping by there at least once a day to offer a thought or comment. Here's my Twitter feed if you'd like to follow it. (And by the way, no plan to abandon this blog! In fact, Paul Vaughn is currently working on revamping it and my website with a brand-new look! Stay tuned.) :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Congrats on Locus and good luck with the work!

6:02 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Charles! :)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home