Monday, May 17, 2010

Updates & Good News


Yikes! Did not realize it's been so long since I've updated here. Sorry 'bout that, folks. As usual, it's nuts here. Been working on several deadlines as well as continuing my work on the 2012 George R. R. Martin Calendar for A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.

Good news to share:

1. This blog and my website is currently being redesigned by Paul Vaughn and I'll have a more organized cyber home this summer. Looking forward to that. Thanks for everyone's patience.

2. I'm a Hugo Awards finalist for the sixth consecutive year! Could not be more grateful and I'm excited to be on such an amazing ballot. You can decide this year's Hugo Awards winners by voting. It's easy. Here's how.

3. I'm a Locus Awards finalist this year in the Artist category -- my fifth consecutive year as a top-5 finalist. I won the award in 2007. Very grateful to be amongst this year's nominees!

4. Just announced this weekend -- I won this year's Asimov's Readers Award in the Cover Artist category! My September 2009 cover art was the one that did it. Lisa Goldstein's story "Away From Here" inspired the illustration (cover pictured here). It's my second consecutive year as winner in the category (tied last year with Tomasz Maronski). Again, thanks to all of the Asimov's readers for their kind consideration! Full list of winners here.

Thanks again to all voters who considered me for these recognitions. I'm extremely appreciative and will keep working hard to get better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Congrats John! Awesome news.

6:15 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Charles!! :)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats! That is certainly my favorite of the covers. Very eye-catching and entertaining. I posted it early this year in my list of favorite cover art for the last year. Well deserved!

3:47 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Carl! Always good to hear from you. I appreciate your kind words. :)

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home