Friday, July 15, 2011

My Comic-Con 2011 Schedule

San Diego Comic-Con 2011 is almost upon us. I'll be boothing along with fellow artist Dave Seeley at #4600 all weekend at the show. On Wednesday, July 20th (Preview Night), I'll be at the booth from 7pm to 9pm only. From Thursday onward, I'll be there most hours from open to close. At the start of each day, I'll post on Twitter and Facebook the detailed daily hours you can find me there.

Dave Seeley will have a full arsenal of his big, beautiful archival prints for sale.

As for my own goodies, I'll have the following merchandise:

* 2011 Limited Edition 4-panel accordion booklets: Brand-new items debuting at SDCC! Only $2 each, or free with purchase.

* 2012 George R. R. Martin / A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Calendars! Debuting next week. I'll have a limited supply. Get 'em before they're gone!

* MASTERS OF SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY ART: A beautiful new art book featuring galleries and interviews with artists such as Donato Giancola, Charles Vess, Brom, Shaun Tan, Greg Manchess, Stephan Martiniere, Dave Seeley and myself. Limited supply! Get yours signed, as many of the artists in the book will be at the show. :)

* COVER STORY: THE ART OF JOHN PICACIO: A few remaining warehouse copies of my 2006 Hugo-nominated art book.

* Archival prints of my artwork on thick Hahnemuhle paper

* Original interior artworks for sale from ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS and ELRIC: SWORDS AND ROSES

Mark #4600 on your SDCC survival map. (Diagram below is last year's floor plan, but we're in the exact same location next to the SPECTRUM booth.) We'll see you there!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mair said...

Wow - did you land a choice spot in the room or what!!! Sorry I won't be there to experience it....some day I hope. Good luck!

9:23 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thx, Mair. Yeah, it is a great spot. Real estate there ain't cheap, but location, location, location....

I'll see you in Reno! :)

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Jenn Rose said...

I've worked Comicon before... I know the value of a good location. Hope the show goes great for ya! :)

I'll stop by the booth Thursday to pick up Calendars before they sell out. Hehehe. Hopefully I can get into that Sails Pavilion signing.

I have such a love hate relationship with Comicon... such chaos!

OK! Back to work! So much to still do!

12:24 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Jenn -- I've got a few Thursday meetings that might occasionally take me away from the booth.

For sure you can catch me there Thursday between 9am to 11:30a. And for sure from 2p to 3p. I'm dead positive I'll be there MORE than just those limited hours, but those are the ones for which I know I'll be there on that day. See you soon!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Jenn Rose said...

Hehehe... well I know first thing that morning I'll be setting up for the art show, and that 2-3 block might see me in line for the Game of Thrones panel. If not Thursday, Friday! :)

See ya at the Con!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

Yes - Reno it is!

11:17 PM  
Blogger ces said...

I went to comic con once - many many many years ago when it was just comics. And maybe 3000 people. I wouldn't go anywhere near it today - way way way too many people, and too much Hollywood.

It does, however, have some great artists attending, one of which is you John! I've been quiet this past year, because I'm not really fond of Martin.

But your 4-panel accordion fold-out looks gorgeous! IF you have any leftover, I'd love to have one! And you and Dave have a great location, right near the entrance and next to donato Arts.

Have a wonderful time! Little Samantha is growing into a beauty!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home