Wednesday, October 15, 2014

LA CALAVERA

Presenting the final color artwork for 'La Calavera' -- the latest in my Loteria series! In English, 'La Calavera' means 'The Skull'. Those who own the 2014 John Picacio Calendar will notice that a progress version of this work is featured for the month of October. I retained the concept, but completely started over and overhauled the art from scratch. Here are the new improved pencils, created as the foundation for the revised final.

And for those who are unfamiliar with the game of Loteria, here's the Don Clemente/Pasatiempos Gallo version for this icon, and as with all of my Loteria work, this is what inspired me.

Halloween and Dia de los Muertos is right around the corner, and a ton of Alamo City Comic Con attendees asked if my 'La Calavera' would be available as a poster.

Good news -- for ONE WEEK ONLY -- it is. :) Previously, neither my 'La Luna' or 'El Corazon' Loteria posters were available for sale online.

They are now available via my website, and so is the new poster for 'La Calavera'!

Each measures 11" x 18" and is printed on thick cardstock. Only 500 posters of each will be printed, and all are signed. The 'La Luna' and 'El Corazon' posters are already in reduced supply because of heavy sale during my summer convention appearances.

Heads up -- deadline for all orders will be Wednesday, October 22nd at 8pm CST. After that, I'll close online ordering for these items and process as many orders as I can before Dia de los Muertos.

All posters will be shipped in a protective tube. Prices include shipping. Unfortunately, I can only accept continental US orders at this time. :( I'm unable to do shipping outside the US because of rising shipping rates, but also because it will take too much time to handle the customs paperwork for orders shipping outside the US. I'll be doing fulfillment on this by myself, and in order to do it efficiently, I have to make some time-saving choices for this limited campaign.

Thereafter, these posters will also be available at the following 2014 appearances:

Saturday, October 25th: DRAGON'S LAIR, San Antonio (in-store signing from 10am to 2pm)

Friday, November 7th: WORLD FANTASY CONVENTION, Washington DC (at the Mass Autographing)

November 21st to 23rd: AETHERFEST, San Antonio (poster signing details TBA)

So for all that are traveling to WFC from outside the US, that convention is a great opportunity to score posters for yourself, and probably your only chance for the foreseeable. (If you're not attending WFC, perhaps you might contact an attendee from your country who is, and ask them to acquire the posters for you?)

Thanks to all for the kind words about the Calavera concept featured in my 2014 Calendar. I hope you all enjoy the revised version as much, if not more! :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home