Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I won a 2014 Inkpot Award!

HUGE weekend at San Diego Comic Con International.

Words and pics about it forthcoming, but while I'm cranking on client deadline here upon return to studio, I wanted to acknowledge something amazing that happened on Saturday.

I was on stage Saturday for 'Spotlight on John Picacio', and about to launch straight into my slideshow, when I was suddenly asked by a gentleman named Adam if he could first say a few words at the podium. He read an intro, and then out of the blue, he announced that I was being presented with a 2014 Inkpot Award, 'in recognition of achievement in science fiction / fantasy art'.

Totally caught me off guard, in the best possible way.

Wow.

The Inkpot is Comic Con's annual award given to professionals in the fields of comics, science fiction / fantasy, art, literature, TV, film, animation, and related fields of pop culture.

I've been attending SDCC, off and on, since 1992. It's a place where some of my career aspirations were born, and I've spent much of my adult life working to make those dreams real.

Thank you for this honor, Comic Con. It means the world.

And THANK YOU to all who attended SDCC, volunteered to make it happen, and ran it like the world-class event it is.

More words and pics on my 2014 SDCC soon.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Race said...

Nice! Congratulations John! You have any plans to expand your mantle? You have certainly been bringing home a lot of hardware as of late. :)

-Steve

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is THAT!?!?!? Congrats, John. Well deserved for sure!

Mair

2:36 PM  
Blogger Perrie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Mikal said...

Well, my daughter and I have always loved you, so this should be no surprise. And prepare to own the future as well...

Mikal Trimm

10:22 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Steve, Mair, and Mikal -- Hugely appreciated! Thank you! :)

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Maid Service Dearborn Heights said...

Good reading your posst

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home