Monday, August 04, 2014

San Diego Comic Con 2014

It's been a week since Comic Con and my schedule still hasn't recovered yet. Still cranking on deadlines here, but I promised some words and pics from the event -- here you go.

Thank you, SDCC International -- this was my first time as a Special Guest, and I'm not sure if I've ever worked harder at a Comic Con. It was tremendous fun, and an honor to do so. My thanks to everyone who made it possible -- Fae Desmond, Janet Goggins, Maryelizabeth Hart, Steve Lord, Katherine Morrison, Val Ontell, Tommy Goldbach, Robie Elrod, my con PA Olivia, and many more that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Spent a ton of time in the Special Guest area, visiting with fans and signing stacks of stuff. It was fun watching people get excited about what I'm doing with Loteria, and that was a theme throughout the weekend. I did an amazing Kickstarter panel brilliantly hosted by Craig Engler, and shared with Jane Espenson, Jimmy Palmiotti, and Brad 'Cheeks' Bell. I even won an Inkpot Award. :)

So many inspiring, insightful people, chats both driveby and extended -- Pierce Watters, Todd & Rita Lockwood, Cosmo Eisele, Dave Stevenson, Jason Felix, Donato Giancola, Stephen Martiniere, Chris Roberson, Allison Baker, Jennifer Heddle, Allen Spiegel, Charles Kochman, Ed Schlesinger, Colleen Lindsay, Diana Gill, Anne Groell, Anne Sowards, David Moench, Leigh Bardugo, Seanan Mcguire, Raya Golden, Joe Hill, Dave McKean, Dave Palumbo, Travis Lewis, Allen Williams, Carl Potts, Jimmy Palmiotti, Lee Whiteside, Sam Park, and again so many more that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

It was a joyous time, and even though it's been 22 years since my first Comic Con, and I've been a part of countless cons so far as a pro, there's still nothing quite like this event anywhere in the world.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home