Thursday, February 01, 2007

The LOCUS Recommended Reading List for 2006

Here it is. I'm pleased to see COVER STORY: THE ART OF JOHN PICACIO listed amongst LOCUS' list of the best art books of 2006. Awesome.

Also especially pleased to see the following books on the list because I was fortunate to do covers for them:


THE EMPIRE OF ICE CREAM by Jeffrey Ford (Golden Gryphon)

THE MAN FROM THE DIOGENES CLUB by Kim Newman (MonkeyBrain Books)

FUTURESHOCKS, edited by Lou Anders (Penguin/Roc)

SCIENCE FICTION: THE VERY BEST OF 2005, edited by Jonathan Strahan (Locus Press)

FANTASY: THE VERY BEST OF 2005, edited by Jonathan Strahan (Locus Press)

MYTHS FOR THE MODERN AGE: PHILIP JOSE FARMER'S WOLD NEWTON UNIVERSE, edited by Win Eckert (MonkeyBrain Books)

BLOOD & THUNDER: THE LIFE & ART OF ROBERT E. HOWARD by Mark Finn (MonkeyBrain Books)

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is it me, or did they list every collection and anthology published last year? LOL.

10:26 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Heh. Now that I glance back at those categories....yeah, there are a bunch of them, aren't there...interesting....

10:56 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Hello John,

Wow, you do keep busy. Great to see your artwork, and I look forward to hanging out at the Elf Fantasy Fair.

By the way, any joy in terms of those travel arrangements? I haven't heard anything new.

Be well,

David.

1:04 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, David --

Actually, I haven't heard anything, come to think of it. I'll query them again this week, and let you know when I hear. Thanks for reminding me.

I'll check in with you as the date approaches, regardless.....

11:23 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Congrats! Your book is definitely on my list of art books to pick up as the pocketbook allows this year. I am hoping for sooner rather than later!

2:09 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hey, Carl --

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. Recently discovered your own blog, Stainless Steel Droppings. Very fun! I've got it bookmarked....

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home