Monday, May 26, 2008

CANTICLE in Hungary

Recently arrived -- Maecenas, a first-rate Hungarian publishing house who also happens to be the exclusive Hungarian publisher for heavyweights like Kurt Vonnegut, has just released their edition of Walter M. Miller, Jr's classic A CANTICLE FOR LEIBOWITZ. They bought the Hungarian rights for my cover illustration (first appeared on the HarperCollins/Eos American trade edition) and sent me a couple of copies. I was wowed by their edition's foil and matte treatment, with partial embossing. Pazar! Hats off to Maecenas, and many thanks to Gyorgy Tibor Szanto and Eva Bitto for making it happen. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger ces said...

That looks really intriguing! It sounds like the publishers really made some effort to complement your artwork. Congrats!

4:41 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Christine. Yeah, the book looks really good.....I'm generally not a huge fan of foil covers, but this one works well. I was impressed. :)

7:00 AM  
Blogger Sanford Allen said...

Interesting. In Hungarian, "Neked" must mean "for." Which is funny, because in Texas, "neked" means "having no clothes."

4:58 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

I thought the exact same thing when I first saw it. :)

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home