Tuesday, October 07, 2008

MUSE OF FIRE Final Cover Art!

Here it is -- this is my cover art for the forthcoming Subterranean Press hardcover edition of Dan Simmons' space opera gem, MUSE OF FIRE. There will be 1500 copies of the hardcover trade ($35 each) and 250 signed-and-numbered leather-bound copies ($60 each). Get 'em before they're gone. Seriously. All previous Dan Simmons limited editions have sold out from Subterranean, and it's a safe bet this will do the same. I'm really honored to be a part of this amazing book, and quite honestly, I can't wait to see the finished product myself.

Bonus -- Subterranean's head honcho Bill Schafer commissioned me to write an essay about the making of this illo, and he's included it in the latest issue of Subterranean Online! Besides this essay, you've got original short fiction from my pal Chris Roberson -- "Mirror of Fiery Brightness", Part One and Part Two, plus much more! Check it out! :)

One final note about this illustration -- for years, I've been a fan of the great Polish poster artist Wieslaw Walkuski. This piece is an homage to his genius, with much admiration and respect.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one eerie creation. It was interesting to see how you created it. :)

Now I'm definitely intrigued about the story it came from. ^^

9:54 AM  
Blogger ces said...

WOW!

Dan Simmons, here I come!

10:37 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Ryan....thanks, Christine. :)

I'll be curious to hear what you think of Dan's story!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cover. I'm impressed.

4:08 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, man! I appreciate it.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home