Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Shoutout to Philly & The East Coast

Hey, Philadelphia!
I'll be in your town next week and I'm bringing the biggest public display of my artwork I've ever assembled. It'll all be at Philcon (which is actually across the river in Cherry Hill, NJ), where I'm this year's Artist Guest of Honor. Most of the works will be for sale, and there will be framed originals as well as framed prints in the collection. It's my only East Coast trip this year, so if you're in the area, I'd love to see you (Nov. 20 thru Nov. 23)! If you've got books or covers you want signed, bring 'em on as well.

Question for you, Philly -- what are your favorite local restaurants and eateries, especially in the downtown Philly and surrounding areas? And yes, the first stop when I get off the plane will be to get real Philadelphia cheesesteaks. I've received a couple of very reliable reviews already (thanks, Diana! :)), but I'm open to everyone's feedback. It's my first trip to Philly.... who's got the best cheesesteaks? Best pizza? Any great indy bookstores? Any 'can't miss' unique weirdness?

2 Comments:

Blogger ces said...

Dear John,

You better take a TON of photos! And don;'t forget to get a few shots of Traci in there too!

Artist Guest of Honor - I can't even begin to imagine how exciting that must be! congrats!

And have a wonderful time!

4:51 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks! Will do!

Gonna be a fun trip....lots of work to finish before then though...

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home