Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ford Fiesta!

No, I'm not talking about the midget car made by Ford Motor. I'm talking about two Jeffrey Ford trade paperback editions just released from Golden Gryphon Press. THE FANTASY WRITER'S ASSISTANT AND OTHER STORIES and THE EMPIRE OF ICE CREAM are both now available again. Just received my copies and they're looking good. Of all the covers I've illustrated, these two are amongst my faves. Both books are short story collections, and both were World Fantasy Award finalists. In fact, TFWA won the World Fantasy Award back in '03. Originally released in hardcover, TFWA has long since sold out, and EMPIRE's hardcover edition is about to do the same.

Just noticed that Jeff Ford has himself a new website called THE WELL-BUILT CITY. And if you missed it, the mighty Charles Tan recently interviewed GGP publisher Gary Turner. Good stuff!! Check it out.

4 Comments:

Blogger ces said...

The empire of Ice Cream is in my Top 5 John Picacio Favourites - so far no other cover has knocked The Margarets off its top spot! I even bought Empire just because I loved the cover, and the paper they used and the print job are superb. One of these days I ought to consider opening the book (which I never have) and reading it . . .

12:38 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

I love this cover, too! In fact, I just ordered the HB before it is gone....

1:02 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Christine! Thanks, Mair! :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

What Ces said. =) Awesome covers.

And it's Gary who's mighty!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home