Sunday, August 15, 2010

2010 Chesley Award!

Apologies. It's been a while since I stopped by to update here. Good news: on August 6th, I was awarded a Chesley Award for Best Magazine Cover Illustration for my cover art for the September 2009 issue of ASIMOV'S (pictured here). The awards were announced by ASFA in Raleigh, NC at the North American Science Fiction Convention. Unfortunately, things have been so hectic here that I was unable to attend the ceremony. Jim Minz, senior editor at Baen Books, accepted on my behalf and was kind enough to ship my award to me. I'm grateful and honored to be a Chesley Award winner and it means a lot to me as these awards are voted on by artist peers and art fans. Congrats to all fellow nominees and winners.

Here's what this year's trophy looks like, next to last year's. Note that the marble base on this year's award seems to be on steroids. The award weighs in at a bone-crushing 16.4 lbs.


And here's a better shot where you can see how amazing that Milky Way center is. ASFA redesigned the award a few years back, and wow, these things are spectacular-looking. Again, very honored and grateful to receive this. Thanks very much! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Scott Cupp said...

Very cool award. But you should have gotten one for DROOD also!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home