Friday, August 17, 2012

2012 Dragon*Con Schedule

Here's where you can find me at this year's Dragon*Con before I swing over to Chicago for Worldcon.

Friday, August 31
2:30pm / Hanover G - Hyatt (1 hour)

The Art Of George R. R. Martin: Making The Calendar

Artist John Picacio presents a slideshow and Q&A featuring the artworks he created for the best-selling 2012 A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Calendar.

***** (Shoutout to all George R. R. Martin / A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones fans -- you could win a free 17" x 22" signed print of my Eddard Stark calendar artwork, if you attend this event. Be there. :)) *****

-------------------

Friday, August 31
4pm

Autographing at the Pyr Books Booth

-------------------

Friday, August 31
5:30pm / Embassy A-B - Hyatt (1 hour)

The Art of Darkness

Artists John Picacio, Berni Wrightson, Coop, Dave Cook, Steven Archer and Billy Tackett present and discuss their horror work, as well as works that inspire them.


5 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Johnson said...

Man, it's going down!

Looking forward to it, sir.

And I wish I could stay for that 'Art of Darkness' panel, but it's just a bit too late in the day.

I meant to ask: are you going to have new originals on display like for ASoIF, perhaps?


10:56 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

A-Train: I'm just doing programming at Dragon*Con. No Art Show this year. I'm there for basically one day (Friday), and then I'm off to Worldcon in Chicago on Saturday. However, if you want me to bring some of my ASoIaF prints for you to check out, lemme know?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Adrian Johnson said...

Aw man. But it makes perfect sense to not set up at D*C only to pull up stakes the next morning.

I'm trying to breeze through Dragon*Con early Friday morning myself and escape from downtown Atlanta like Snake Plissken to beat the usual Friday afternoon traffic jam down here.

And don't go through any trouble on the ASoIaF prints, sir. All good. I'll wait until you make the announcement of them available for sale.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Annick Huber said...

Hi,

It was nice meeting you at DragonCon, your lecture was great! It's a shame you didn't stay longer, I would have loved to see what else you had to say. I hope you have a nice trip to Worldcon.

Annick

10:12 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks, Annick. Great seeing you. What a weekend. Hope yours was great too. I'll see you next year. :)

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home