Thursday, November 08, 2012

How You Can Become A Work Of Art

I'm pleased to see my 2013 John Picacio Calendar Kickstarter doing well so far. If you look at that page, you'll see the $2000 pledge level is called the "Art Muse" level. I've received a number of inquiries about this, so I want to address what $2000 gets you because I'm very excited about this.

In addition to calendars, prints, original art and other goodies, you receive a very unique opportunity -- the chance to model for an upcoming published illustrated artwork created by me. This original new illustrated artwork will be inspired by photographs of you, or the person of your choice. The opportunity includes exclusive initial consultation with me, and it's a very rare opportunity to not only be a part of the making of a piece of published art, but to immortalize yourself (or someone you love) as a piece of artwork for all to see.

So what are the artworks in question?


In 2013, Lone Boy will be publishing a bold new Loteria card deck and game featuring my artwork -- and you can become a part of one of these 54 cards.


I'm planning to make this Loteria deck one of the finest works of my career to date, and I've already started creating the cards.


For reference, here are what the classic, traditional Loteria cards look like for "La Sirena" (The Mermaid), "La Rosa" (The Rose), and "El Pescado" (The Fish).

And now for comparison, have a look at my completed pencils for my new versions of "La Sirena" and "El Pescado".
If you would like to become a part of this opportunity, here's the list of Loteria cards that you can consider immortalizing yourself as:

1 El Gallo – The Rooster
3 La Dama – The Lady
4 El Catrin – The Gentleman
7 La Escalera – The Ladder
10 El Arbol – The Tree
11 El Melon – The Melon
12 El Valiente – The Brave One
13 El Gorrito – The Bonnet
16 La Bandera – The Flag
17 El Bandolon – The Mandolin
20 El Pajaro – The Bird
21 La Mano – The Hand
24 El Cotorro – The Parrot
25 El Borracho – The Drunk One
26 El Negrito – The Dark One (Changing this from a racial reference to a magical thing)
29 El Tambor – The Drum
32 El Musico –The Musician
34 El Soldado – The Soldier
38 El Apache – The Apache
43 La Campana – The Bell
44 El Cantarito – The Water Pitcher
47 La Corona – The Crown
48 La Chalupa – The Canoe

If you want to discuss, please drop me a comment below, and we can chat here, or offline via email. I think this Loteria deck is going to be one of the major works of my career, and it would be a blast to have you as a part of it. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott Edelman said...

Wow, that sounds awesome! How does one throw one's face into the ring?

1:40 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Scott -- I've got your email. I'll drop you a line right now. :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Scott Edelman said...

Great! I'll keep an eye on my inbox.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home