Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where I'll be at Philcon

This coming weekend is Philcon in Cherry Hill, NJ. I'll be the Artist Guest of Honor up there, and I'm excited about it. If you're headed to the show, here's where you can find me when I'm not in the Art Show or the hotel bar.

Fri 8PM in Plaza III (Three) (1 hour)
DIGITAL TOOLS FOR ARTISTS (102)
Panelists: D.E. Christman (mod), Alan Beck, Sally Wiener Grotta, John Picacio
Technical stuff we love to use to create our art.

Sat 10AM in Plaza III (Three) (1 hour)
DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY DRAW ANYMORE? (110)
Panelists: John Picacio (mod), Alan Beck, Joseph L. Bellofatto, Jr., J. Andrew World
Many artists are using different methods to get to the finished product. Are traditional methods like drawing and sketching obsolete, or sorely missing?

Sat 11AM in Plaza III (Three) (1 hour)
INFLUENCES: ARTISTS THAT ARTISTS LOVE (112)
Panelists: Alan Beck (mod), John Picacio, Joseph L. Bellofatto, Jr., Ruth Lampi
Artists discuss artists that have influenced their work and lives

Sat 3PM in Grand Ballroom A (1 hour)
GUEST ARTIST PRESENTATION - JOHN PICACIO (232)
Panelists: John Picacio (mod)

Sat 4PM in Plaza III (Three) (1 hour)
STATE OF THE ARTS: IS THE ART SHOW STILL VALID AND VALUED AT CONS? (104)
Panelists: John Picacio (mod), Alan Beck, Joseph L. Bellofatto, Jr., Ruth Lampi
With all the technology out there, are conventions a profitable venue for artists? Do fans value the art shows?

Sun 12noon in Plaza III (Three) (1 hour)
PRESENTING YOUR ART: TIPS FOR APPROACHING ART DIRECTORS, PUBLISHERS, AND GALLERIES (103)
Panelists: Emily Kwait (mod), Heidi Hooper, Mary Robinette Kowal, John Picacio
Information on the dos and don'ts of getting your art to the right people in the right place

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Robinette Kowal said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

It was fabulous to meet you (and Tracy) and hear how you create your work. I am always interested in new creative techniques and I like your use of both traditional and digital. I hope your stay in Philly was fun and that your journey home is/was safe. Hope to see you again.

Mary Ann

3:21 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

John, I was thrilled to obtain a copy of your cover art for "The Margarets" at Philcon today. I read the book recently and spent as much time just staring at the cover as I did reading the words. Thank you for producing such a beautiful (and evocative) piece of art.

Karen
(The Chromatics)

7:03 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Mary -- it was terrific to be there with you. Good times!

Hi, Mary Ann -- great meeting you and yeah, Philly and Philcon were really good to us. It was a fabulous week and weekend. Thanks for being there. :)

Hi, Karen -- Was really looking forward to hearing you folks at the masquerade and as it turned out, they sent the masquerade judges away during your performance to do judging business. Since I was one of them, I didn't get to hear you. I'll Google and check you out later today. Many thanks for your kind words re: THE MARGARETS....I really appreciate it all around! :)

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home