Monday, June 18, 2007

This year's IHG Nominees

Saturday was already a great day with the Locus Award win, but it was made even more so (if that's possible) when I heard I'm a finalist for the International Horror Guild Award in the Artist category! In my case, my IHG nomination is because of COVER STORY: THE ART OF JOHN PICACIO. This is great because in my mind it's a shared recognition for myself and MonkeyBrain Books (Allison Baker and Chris Roberson). Thanks to all, and I'm very grateful for the recognition. All the better to share it with friends like MonkeyBrain.

Shoutout to my all of my fellow IHG nominees (complete list here), but especially to those who are in this year's Artist category.

Aeron Alfrey.
Exhibits from the Imaginary Museum

Camille Rose Garcia.
Camille Rose Garcia: Subterranean Death Clash, Jonathan Levine Gallery, New York

Chris Mars.
Chris Mars: Subderma, Jonathan Levine Gallery, New York

J.K. Potter.
Cover and illustrations: A Soul in a Bottle by Tim Powers (Subterranean)

Quite a diverse mix of approaches and visions, and an honor to be listed amongst them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home