Friday, November 15, 2013

SPECTRUM 20!

Congrats to Arnie and Cathy Fenner on TWENTY years of founding, shaping, and masterminding one of the premier art annuals on the planet. A gorgeous copy of the brand-new SPECTRUM volume just arrived on my porch the other day, and it's a masterpiece.

Also -- it's a swan song. They're retiring from the book, and have handed the reins to Flesk Publications.

I'm gonna take my sweet time savoring the pages of #20 and I hope that the industry will recognize what a monster legacy the Fenners have created. They didn't just change the game. They elevated it.

That's what great ones do.

They'll be running the 3rd Spectrum Fantastic Art Live in Kansas City this year. If you care at all about science fiction and fantasy art of any shape or form, this is Art Woodstock. You need to be there. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Thanks for twenty amazing years, Cathy and Arnie!

(And hey -- I garnered a full-page in the Book section for my cover art for Brenda Cooper's THE CREATIVE FIRE (pictured left, with layout mate Dave Seeley on the right! Hooray! My Tars Tarkas art for John Joseph Adams' UNDER THE MOONS OF MARS also made it too. :))


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home